Monday, December 22, 2008

Odds and ends

We made s'mores tonight over the stove burner that tends to burn slightly hotter than the others, introducing SuperGirl to the finer points of self-made, melty dessert (not joys of pyromania). It is absolutely freezing here (literally!) which is amazing itself in Louisiana so tonight called for a supper of hot soup, seasame crisps, and s'mores. Hubby is an expert at making s'mores, like he's an expert at most sweets.

On a knitting note, nothing new. Still working on LOLA's sock, which she passed inspection on today while we tried to get some sort of work done. Holiday ditzy-ness has hit and no one feels like working. Even my F-i-l is taking off tomorrow and we are still working in his front room. Why? Money. And the stuff isn't waiting on anyone else. And I found out today the lady I inheirited my portion from (with the understanding that she was going to take it back) has now retired. We're giving her two weeks to actually stay retired (she's a hard one to keep out of the office) but in the meantime, I'm not sure what to do with what I have because it wasn't our project in the first place. But I'm not complaining because I'm still earning paychecks and I do enjoy it.

So anyway, back to the knitting, I am planning on continuing with LOLA's sock, hopefully getting through most of the foot tonight so she can try it on tomorrow and let me know how long to make it. It's a lovely self patterning black and white. Perfect for her because she's a very conservative dresser but still fun to be around.

No comments: