Thursday, December 18, 2008

Updates are better late than never...?




Here is the wrap as of last night. I've been that tired and didn't feel like spending the effort to get them posted. (Note the collection of toys surrounding; lots of fun in this house!)

As of the knit class that was this evening, I'm finished with the skinny block of cross-stitch stitch and have moved on to a block picked up from the side of it that is stockinette with some half-linen stitch thrown in. It's becoming very long and tangle-y. It's already longer than my coffee table and this evening at the shop I was having to unwind it from me, the chair, and my bag every few rows.

Mom joined the rest of us by getting sick with a head cold (only she didn't have the side of ear infection like my kids, she had the bonus of completely losing her voice) but she still made it to the class. I had run by her house earlier in the day (day off for me with sick Little Guy who was ok as long as I was holding him and we had a visit to the doctor to top that) to drop some stuff off for Little Momma Sock Sis and Mom showed me the progress with her 1st sock. I had helped her the day before with it (heels are funny things) and this time I got to try it on. It wasn't intended for me but I think I might be getting it once she knits the mate because it's too big for her, fits me, and could probably fit Dad but he's not too keen on the colors (the skein name has "Crayola" or "Crayon" in it; very BRIGHT cheerful colors! and lovely stripe/self-patterning waves) especially since we suggested that he could wear them with his sandals. She brought it to the knit class finished and it got the enthusiastic oohs and ahhs.

By the way, guess who wants a sweater now. Hubby. So I'm on a new hunt for him a sweater pattern and yarn. Plain, simple, like his dad's but even plainer in a dark gray or brown. No wool, nothing heavy. I told him it would be ready next year.

Started LOLA's socks and maybe they'll be ready for Christmas. Had to frog Hubby's socks. Didn't like the way the yarn was turning out. It wasn't stretchy or soft enough. Found out tonight that I had one less project to do; the spiral scarf I was going to do for the knit shop somehow was already done by some phantom knitter. The knit shop lady wasn't sure who it was or how it got there but I'm off the hook for one more project. Even though I appreciate the hours I'm glad all my knitting right now is for me. Like LOLA's socks. I told her to expect them by the New Year and I'm already 3" into the leg. I even bought another set of those lovely Lantern Moon Sox Sticks in the same size (#1) so I can do what those other savvy sock knitter do and knit both socks at the same time on different needles. I waited until I found out what sizes I would be using the most and those are the ones I have 2 sets of.

2 comments:

Dr. Bill said...

I totally want to see dad model those socks!

suzylee28 said...

Mom's starting on the mate right now. They do fit Dad, she said, but he's still not buying starting a new trend. Maybe he'll comply and model them for kicks (haha) when you two come in town...