Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Return of the Purple Skrap

I forgot to mention... I gave the Purple Skrap to my friend tonight and it looked great and she loved it. I had called it, though: the bind-off was a little too tight and she asked if I could loosen it. I worked on it this evening once I got home. I had been looking through several of my knitting books for flexible bind-offs and had found some in a book I had on knitting socks from the toe up. I tried what they suggested. Nope. Didn't work. Instead of just being tighter than the knitting it was that and looked funny. So I decided to up my needle 2 sizes (#5), knitted 2 extra rows in the seed stitch to even anything out that might have gotten pulled when I frogged the binding, and bound off REALLY LOOSELY. Worked like a charm. Nothing fancy. And it's back in it's bag ready for Christmas.

No comments: