Monday, December 15, 2008

Delirious...???

Today was a success. I never changed out of my pajamas, I didn't leave the house until suppertime and that was to walk across the street to the p-i-ls, and I knitted with only a minor dose of laundry. On the down side, the kids are mending health-wise (a little virus that didn't get them too sick, just really grumpy with coughs and runny noses/eyes) and they became really cranky and Little Guy did NOT want to sleep. At all. At all at all at all. Hubby even had to rock him he was so cranky.

Plus side, I finished another block on my knitting class wrap. It was called "windowpane" something-or-other which meant it was stockinette with seed stitch done in 8x8 stitch squares evenly horizontally and vertically. Completed there were 16 squares. It was really cute but I am glad to be through with it; it seemed to take forever until the last section or two of blocks. Now I've moved on to the next block that has a name like cross-stitch in it. (Pardon my dingy-ness; it's late, trying to get babies to sleep will wear you out, and I've also been reading this great book called Across the Nightingale Floor that is actually tempting me away from knitting) I thought I wouldn't like the stitch because it calls for "purl 2, then purl again in the first stitch", "slip 1, knit 1, psso, but keep the passed slipped stitch on the left needle and knit into the back of it" kind of things. Once I did a few rows I caught on and the pattern looks really neat. It's thick and I would love to try it on a washcloth...

No comments: