Sunday, December 7, 2008

An unlikely pair


I've been working on my latest match-making scheme. I think this couple is going to be of the "opposites attract" variety. Same skeins of yarn and you can even tell (when you look closely at the actual thing and are not hindered by my quality-lacking cell phone camera; someone please hit me over the head and get me to upload the digital camera software in the p-i-ls computer so I can download all those pictures that are of MUCH higher quality) where the colors from toe of Completed Sock match the start (top) of the leg in Sock in Progress. But then the colors (as seen in top picture) go to a brown-with-hint-of-purple and then almost a mustard color. I know Noro intends this to be this way and I'm sure there are neat little tricks more experienced and creative knitters can use to manipulate the colors/color scheme/pattern but that would probably involve cutting yarn and organizing the colors in little bobbins and I don't want to think that much right now. I'm revelling in the sock itself which is worth it to me. Maybe later I'll try the color manipulation.

What would be neat (if I had the time, this was my yarn, and I didn't have Christmas deadlines) is make however many socks the skein could make and just wear whichever ones I felt like wearing that day. They wouldn't have to match and if one went missing (which I would hunt for like a lost child) I wouldn't have one lonely sock left.

I plan on having this sock finished by Tuesday so I can take them to the knit shop and turn in my time. Next is the Purple Skrap and ONLY the Purple Skrap. December 15th is only a week away...

No comments: