Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shaken, not stirred? No, SQUEEZED!


Hello. Yes, that's me. Yes, those are olives complete with pimentoes. And that is a table around my waist. You can't even see the 2 ft. martini glass balanced on my head. It was SRAC's Christmas in the Sky last night, James Bond "Shaken, Not Stirred" theme, and I was one of the Martini girls that sold raffle tickets for a diamond bracelet. I was in the front where everyone came in so I was one of the first things everyone saw. The men were entranced and not paying attention to a word I was saying, the women either laughed and poked their husbands or stared at me with shock. I just wiggled a little, smiled, and winked.

Needless to say, not much knitting has been going on. I was squeezed (the olives are actually soft), taken pictures of, and told by several women they wished they had some olives. Hubby was one of the James Bond characters wearing a tux sans pants and he said he drew some looks and ticked off a few people with his responses to their question "Where's your pants?" The bartenders made it their duty to get everyone as drunk as possible and the unfortunate casualties were some of the costume characters as the night went on but all in all it was a great night. I did not like my hat; I am a little on the tall side and had to remember to duck under any overhanging. Try doing that when you've downed half a vodka-little-bit-of-cranberry-juice cocktail simply to help a friend out because she didn't want to drink it that strong. In knee-high silver boots.

Now, I'm back to normal and trying to take advantage of my day of rest and knit. I'm also afraid I am getting SuperGirl's cough so I'm dosing up on vitamin C and tea. Comfy couch here I come.

1 comment:

Dr. Bill said...

Instead of "Peaches" we should nickname you "Olive".