Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Coming up short

Measured the smiley scarf by putting it around my neck. It wrapped nicely with enough space to comfortably put a pin. Checked the gauge again. Yep, it was right. Counted to see if I had all 315 stitches at the end like I should have. Had them. Apparently my stitches are just slightly big enough somewhere so that even if they don't show up when measuring gauge, I'm still going to be a little short. That's funny because usually I buy the required yardage and end up with 1/3 to a 1/4 of the yarn left over. I will be going to the knit shop today to drop some stuff off and am going to talk to the knit shop lady about it.

Little Guy woke up last night at around 4:30 and when I went in there to tend to him I heard the ominous sound of slow dripping. The ceiling is officially leaking now. Thankfully, the rain should be over for at least a week and I've called all the necessary people. Now to come up with the required money...

Started the spiral scarf (the 3rd project out of the One Skein Wonder book) last night while watching "The Biggest Loser." That one is going to take a while. The scarf is going to look great, especially in the yarn required, only it's done left side then right side alternating 4 short rows at a time. You do that until the middle (which is only growing by a stitch or two per 4 short rows) measures 8 in. After 2 hours last night (and wanting to throw things at the tv because of some of the aggravating people on the show this season; it is usually a great show of people bonding together, despite differences in selves and personalities, to achieve amazing weight loss. It has ended up cat fights and isolation because of a certain someone's greed, selfishness, and bullying. It's like watching a middle school drama with 200+ lb. people.) I only had 3.5 in. That was in worsted weight yarn. This is going to take a while.

Ok, now to get some work done. Little Guy has climbed in my lap and is already taking his nap at 9:00 am. Wish I could do that.

No comments: