Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Will work for yarn

The meeting with the LYS lady went WONDERFUL!!! She loved the supply holders, wanted all 4 of them, and told me to make more. She also wants 2 of the knitting needle holders so to see how they do. We decided on swapping yarn and supplies for my sewing (I told her that would best help my family budget, rather than me getting money and just turning right around and spending it in her shop anyway) which she appreciated. Then, the more we talked, the more things just started happening. She now has me making a pattern from something seen in a magazine (wine bottles with Christmas scarves and little hats with a pom-pom) and making some examples to either teach a class or just sell in the store for holidays. More store credit for me!! AND she wants me to help her teach a beginner sock class which is pretty funny considering she's only knitted half a sock and I've only knit one pair but she thinks since it's a beginner class we'll keep it small, simple, and jump right in. I talked it over with Phil and the baby-sitter and everything is ok and in place. It'll be 4 classes every Tuesday over 4 weeks starting Nov. 18th. THIS MEANS MORE STORE CREDIT!!! Did I mention how happy I am and it's not even for cash? Did I mention that I won't add up the totals of money spent at the knitting shop each month because my brain is guiltily placing that money under "gifts, etc.", not "personal hobbies" and no one can place a value on gifts, can they? Did I mention that I feel like a knitting junkie? Did I mention that some might find this nuts?

I'm even enjoying sewing now. I can't wait for the huge sale at Hancock's Fabrics in another week so I can get more supplies to ultimately make more store credit.

Found the yarn for LOIntern (now deemed "Lola") and it's a lovely striped gray/black/white. now to find the sock pattern... Can not find the LSU yarn Hubby wants but still looking.

No comments: