Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just thinking...

Thinking about the hat for Hubby. It wouldn't take me long and might be a nice break considering the other projects in progress. Plus, the other one I made didn't work out as well as it should; it was in the plain Red Heart acrylic and just doesn't have the strength to stand up to regular hat wearing, or at least not the way Hubby wants it. Also, I can't seem to find the right yarn for his LSU socks so the hat is the least I can do for the moment, especially since my knitting seems to always be for others not in our familial unit.

I bought two skeins of worsted yarn, one brown, one black/dark gray, to knit together for his hat. I'm thinking rib for 2 inches, then plain stockinette, decreasing after about 7". He's a no-frills kind of guy. I almost had him talked into at least a little design but I think the cables scared him off. I told him they would be great for the hat structure he wanted but he still just wanted the plain, old, regular hat. Maybe #10 needles... Have to check gauge. I want it a tight stitch but not too tight. #8 with 2 worsted yarns together might be a little tight, even with the way I knit.

So it's settled. Goal for tonight is finish the other pom-pom hat and at least start on Hubby's. I'll find a way to work that around the last minute Xmas in the Sky meeting (I'm an olive girl, don't you know) and supper with the pils.

No comments: