Thursday, November 13, 2008

Growing up is hard to do

Have decided that I need to grow up and start getting to bed sometime before midnight even though the call of the yarn is strongest at that time. Wait, no, I take that back. It is equally strong when I'm crossing my eyes, sitting in front of the computer, thinking "Yeah, the money is nice but I would love a heel to turn right about now." But anyway, SuperGirl is hitting the ding-y/almost 5 year-old stage where she isn't on top of getting ready for school in the morning so we've been running late. For about a week now. Speaking of not being on top of things, I'm sure I could have implemented this at least a few days sooner.

This morning it was 7 minutes until needing to leave and she wasn't even dressed yet. Usually she dresses herself right after breakfast but I'm not sure what happened, other than she has been really bad about being off in her own little world; she's still fairly considerate but clearly missing simple, important instructions like "get your lunch before you put on your shoes", "wash your hands after using the bathroom", and "haven't I told you 10,000 times not to fuss at your brother!?!? Play with him! Give him toys! Show him what he CAN play with! Don't yell at him!!!"

Anyway, I'm consoling myself by saying that I can knit in the mornings after I've gotten myself ready nice and early and are overseeing the two little ones getting ready. For Little Guy that just means making sure he's not throwing toys away or helping himself to SuperGirl's breakfast. I think SuperGirl would benefit more. As would I. Growing up is hard, especially when you're over the age 25, have held a job outside the home at one time, and supposed to have gotten there a while ago.

Speaking of turning heels way in the beginning, I'll be starting on my sock used for demostration in the sock class. I'm using the Noro sock yarn. We are wondering how it will feel knitted; hopefully less rough than it feels wound in the skein. The socks will end up store demos. I can't wait to see the stripes and how they work!

No comments: