Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tale of 2 sockies...

Killing time before I run up to the LYS to show her my knitting supplies holder thingies...
I am going to make socks for our lovely, opinionated intern for Christmas. (And I had said no homemade things this year so to avoid deadlines) Hubby gave me a look when I told him. Don't worry, Hubby. I will still work on your LSU socks and finish them at the same time. And I will forgive you for watching election coverage until late LATE driving me crazy. All I need is the yarn... He wants fluffy, warm, purple socks with gold cuff and toe (isn't that cute?). I think this time I will also knit both socks at the same time. SockSis said that's usually what you do. That means buying another pair of double points and hopefully the sewing consignment with the LYS can afford that. Budgie the Budget can not. If I was single I would knit instead of eat but that's not an option with the 2 sprogs and Hubby. They'd get a little cranky. When I was single I read instead of eating but that was another time...
Lovely, Opinionated Intern didn't give me a color though. She did say no bright colors (darn, she'd look great in red) and yes to stripes but that was about it. I'll have to text her...
Oh, I got in my Mary Jane's yesterday!!! Mary Jane's are my favorite type of shoe (hence part of the web address; Jack White is to credit for the other part. Look up the White Stripes. He's amazing) and now I can show off my socks! Shoe shopping is always an adventure for me because I have really narrow, picky feet that like LOTS of arch support. I had resigned myself to ugly New Balance sneakers for the sake of my lower back and keeping callouses off the balls of my feet but I discovered the old people arch supports and a catalog of Mil's that actually carried narrow sizes in decent shoes! They arrived yesterday and look great. Their arch support isn't too hot and I think I could have gone a half size larger (I won't even tell you my shoe size, it's big) but I got my inserts in them and am wearing my socks to make me happy.

No comments: