Saturday, November 29, 2008

Good times



The first sock is finished and looks lovely other than my first slightly wrong attempt at the Kitchener Stitch. I plan on doing a better version on it's mate and have noted in my mind what I did wrong in order to be the "good" teacher and teach it right the whole way around, i.e. noting what they will WANT to do and THINK they should do vs. what they REALLY should do. What I did with the Kitchener Stitch is treat it by using only the front of each stitch, both front and back needles, when I should have remembered that there is another part of the stitch to use. Or at least I think that is it. Maybe I should look up the tutorials on the internet...

Aren't the colors nice? Noro is great for that. Still not too keen on the yarn itself but that's just me. It'll be interesting to see what colors stripe for the mate. I plan on finishing it in the next week and will post the happy couple together when I'm finished. Then they are off to their new lives in the knitting shop, showing what lovely socks can be made out of the yarn on hand. The pictures turned out better because I used Hubby's cell phone instead of mine; his is nicer and apparently has more pixels.

I also found out in knitting these socks that my point of decreasing for the toe is NOT at the base of my pinkie toe. It's more like the top of it and make sure it's well hidden before starting to decrease. I have really long toes that slant down instead of bases being in a straight line. On yarnharlot.com she went to a convention where she met two women who had a decorative little line tattooed on their foot where to start decreasing for the toe. That's an amusing thought. Hubby is very anti-tattoo but think of having to explain that one after a drunken night with the knitting ladies.

Now I'm off to work on the wrap some more. Oh yeah, and I need to finish the Purple Skrap. I gave myself a deadline on that one: December 15th. Whatever I have to do to finish it!

No comments: