Monday, November 17, 2008

One-eyed, one-horned...


(I've been playing with my camera phone; it's a cheap one but it's gets the picture (haha) when there's enough light. Here is the Purple Skrap viewed with 9" completed (9 more to go), top is at the top, holes to be at the left hip)

Worked on the Purple Skrap last night and decided to use my creative license (I found it in a cereal box somewhere) and change the pattern. I had just finished my second group of strategically placed holes and was about to start the 5 rows of stockinette stitch when I paused to read the pattern and REALLY THINK of what that was going to look like adding 3 more groups of holes. I also thought about if my friend would even want that. She did say she wanted the holes but all you can see in the picture I showed her were the 1st two groups of holes, not the ones slanting all the way down the thigh. I doubt she knew they where there. I want her to be able to wear this to work and to the bar, not one or the other. She's also the kind that likes to have conservative options but room to boogie.

So, it is decided. No more holes. Staying only with what the picture in the book showed. That means I have 9 inches of plain stockinette before finishing the whole thing off in 5 rows of garter stitch. That SHOULD keep it from curling. Everyone knows how that "should" thing works; I might throw in a seed stitch if I don't like how it's turning out. Can't believe it. Changing the pattern again! I love it! I'm working on being comfortable! Does this mean I'm out of "novice" and working on "full intermediate"? Just as long as I don't get too cocky (or kooky) and not be able to follow a pattern anymore.
Anyway, the 9" of stockinette aren't exactly thrilling me but it's repetitive enough to be a nice break from the socks I'm doing for the sock class that starts tomorrow. And those darn scarves and hats. I'm going to HobsLobs to see if I can find a small knitting loom in an effort to save time as long as it's ok with the Knit Shop Lady. I have the pattern for the scarf written for double points so at least that is complete. The hat shouldn't be much different; there's just a single rib around the edge and a pom-pom. I'll play with my camera phone a little more and get some pictures of those up also.

No comments: