Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sidetracked

Am 2 rounds away from switching to the larger needles on the "Purple Skarp" ("Skrug"?) Got too tired and stopped. Will start again tomorrow when just 2 rounds isn't that big a deal.
Have actually been sewing today. I am sewing knitting supply holders for Knitting Shop Lady. They are really nice; they fit over whatever arm it is of the chair your sitting in (think those corduroy remote control holders that used to be so popular about 15 years ago) and there are pockets on both sides to put your scissors, needles, ruler, whatever you need. She had several on the arms of the couches where we were sitting Saturday and I commented on them. She said she was looking for someone to make them on consignment and I said I would try. I'm taking the ones I made today to her tomorrow. They were fun to make. Something different. Our lovely intern spent the day at my house trying to study for her LSAT so while she was avoiding doing that this afternoon, I sewed. I sewed 2 up from some red and red rose linen fabric I've had in my stash for ages (like back to where I worked at Hancock's in college ages) and they looked so good I ran to Big Lots to try to find some cheap placemats to make some more. Not only did I find some that look AMAZING (really modern: light sky blue suede and a light, goldish simple brocade with straight, white bias trim) but when I ran into the fabric shop to get more binding, I found some more fabrics to try: a flowered corduroy with navy corduroy backing and a teal and blank Vera Bradley wannaba quilted print. I haven't sewn the quilted print yet but the corduroy I want to keep for myself. The great thing about the corduroy and suede is they have weight but aren't bulky, and they stick to the armchair arms. I hope the Knitting Shop Lady likes them. I'm showing them to her tomorrow along with the straight knitting needle holder I made for myself.
Wish me luck!

No comments: