Saturday, November 15, 2008

You say it's your birthday...

Resisted taking my knitting to one of Hubby's friends' son's 1st birthday party. I assured Hubby I would only be knitting in the car but I decided not to even bring it due to the fact we were already running late and I still needed to put on my make-up, or what little make-up I wear when the occasion calls for it. As of yet HAVE solved the problem of getting to school on time; HAVE NOT solved the problem of getting anywhere on time when one more adult is added and there might be something interesting said/shown on ESPN's college gameday newscast.

I really am excited about my knitting because I received a lovely Vera Bradley tote bag last night when I went to celebrate my birthday with my fab fam (both in and out-laws (haha) REGULAR family that lives locally). It's big, it has POCKETS inside and out, not to mention Gerber daisies and little owls all over it (LOVE IT!!!) and I took it home and put all the little knitting projects I'm doing for the knit shop in it because it was begging me to do something with it's organization opportunities. I had wanted to use it for my regular purse but I don't want to subject the gorgeous thing to all the places I haul myself and 1+ kids. So it's carrying my knitting and waiting for that overnight/week trip that call for one bag that will go anywhere, carry anything.

I'm also really excited about the other bag I got, and this one was specifically for knitting! (sorry, can't find an exact picture online) It's RED, woven wood and is one of Lantern Moon's knitting baskets. Well, the red part is the fabric enclosing the top of the woven basket and the handle. It's holding the Purple Skrap (was I calling it a Skarp?) and I can't wait to finish that project just to put another in there. The red lining is quilted along with the handle and so carrying it is heavenly. I've turned into such a fabric, texture nut. With a side distraction of sheep. Little fluffy sheep that bounce. Sheep always bounce in my mind. And there they can do whatever they want...

No comments: