Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Raindrops keep falln' on my head...

...but only when I'm outside, I hope.

Woke up this morning to the sound of dripping in the house. Not in the house major (proper? inner?) but somewhere above the ceiling and some of the drips sounded like a puddle. NOT what I wanted this morning. Hubby had a doctor's appointment so he didn't have to go to work early and we could have slept in a little. Once I woke up to the dripping there was no way I was going back to sleep so I made the coffee (on weekdays it's usually tea but this morning was an exception) and planned my method of attack on getting a new roof. We had been warned a few months back that the roof was old and would need replacing within a year but it's been nice and dry so no dripping sounds so yes putting this off as long as we were able. Roofs, damage, etc. has been a little dicey here due to all the hurricane issues the past few years so I talked to my insurance agent, he's weighing our options, and we have someone getting to us on an estimate.

Not knitting but it's hard to knit when water is getting into your house.

On more typical subjects, I finished the smiley scarf last night or I would have if the one skein wonder only needed one skein. I ended up short and I'm not sure how because I do have gauge: 16 st. = 4 in. I even cut out the last row of knitting (the row 20) so I might have enough yarn to bind off. I got about halfway. Maybe I increased too many? The scarf does look a little longer than the picture; the picture makes it look like a collar but the description that goes with the picture says it's a smiley scarf that can be wrapped around the neck and also pinned. Hmm...

No comments: